Galileo Mining is a resources company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the code GAL and is exploring for base metals in south-east Western Australia.
The company has a 100% ownership of its Norseman Project and has Joint Ventures with the Creasy Group over highly prospective tenements in the Fraser Range.
The Norseman Project is located adjacent to the regional town of Norseman in an infrastructure-rich area of Western Australia. A bitumen highway runs parallel to the project area and is less than 10km from the Company’s current JORC cobalt-nickel resources. The Norseman Project includes numerous areas with potential for further cobalt discoveries as well as additional nickel and copper prospects.
The Fraser Range Project covers two zones of the extensive Fraser Range geological belt. The Fraser Range is known for the world class Nova nickel-copper-cobalt mine discovered by Sirius Resources in 2012. Galileo’s northern Fraser Range tenement is 80km from the operating Nova mine while the southern tenements are just 30km from the mine. Galileo is targeting Nova style nickel-copper-cobalt mineralisation in the Fraser Range and has a deep level of experience in the region.
The company was originally privately owned by renowned prospector Mr Mark Creasy, and Galileo Managing Director Mr Brad Underwood spent eight years as General Manager of the Creasy Group’s exploration at the Fraser Range and at Norseman.
Galileo Mining listed on the ASX in May 2018, raising $15 million in IPO funding.
Mr Creasy continues to be the largest shareholder, controlling approximately 31 percent of the company. ASX-listed miner Independence Group (ASX:IGO) and Mineral Resources’ founder Chris Ellison are included within the Company’s top five largest shareholders.
Galileo Key Milestones:
- 2003 – Registered as a private company wholly-owned by Mark Creasy
- 2004 – Acquired the Norseman project
- 2006 – Initial drilling conducted at Norseman
- 2017 – Maiden JORC Resource completed at Norseman
- 2018 – Acquired interest in the Fraser Range project
- 2018 – Launched on the ASX as public company
About Mark Creasy
- A major figure in the exploration of the Western Australian Goldfields and Fraser Range regions
- Discovered the multi-million ounce Jundee and Bronzewing gold deposits located in Western Australia
- Unlocked the potential in the Fraser Range region through grass roots exploration from the late 1990s culminating in the Joint Venture discovery of the Nova nickel-copper deposit in 2012
- The development of Nova saw Independence Group (ASX:IGO) complete a takeover of Sirius Resources in 2016, with Mr Creasy receiving a significant stake in IGO and becoming its largest shareholder
- Continued success in the Fraser Range with the discovery of the Silver Knight deposit currently being developed by the Creasy Group
- Significant investor in numerous successful exploration and mining companies